Rediscover Dorado Beach
Opening October 1, 2018
Somewhere between idyllic and perfection sits one of the most enchanting Puerto Rico luxury resorts — one that calls to those who believe every journey should be a voyage of discovery. With its serene coastline, private residences, spa retreat and a harmonious sense of place that blends masterfully into the natural surroundings, Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is a rare resort that invites guests to arrive spellbound — and depart speechless.
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is a AAA Five Diamond hotel and proud to be the Caribbean’s only 2017 Forbes Five-Star Hotel and Spa award winner.
Dorado Beach Experience
An exquisite secluded sanctuary tucked away on the Puerto Rico Caribbean coast, Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is one of those exclusive resorts where time not only stands still, it is replete with extraordinary moments. Serenity and casual luxury are intertwined as guests become immersed into their lush, indigenous surroundings – a private 50-acre island retreat where both new and timeless experiences answer the desire for discovery. Over 50 years ago, Laurance S. Rockefeller unveiled his eco-friendly private Puerto Rico resort. Today, Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is situated on the former Rockefeller estate, preserving its rich legacy. Our secluded Puerto Rico resort complements a bespoke travel experience with a deeper level of service. Our attentive and discreet Embajadores will always be available for any request you have throughout your stay. Fundamental to Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is a passionate environmental philosophy originally instilled by Laurance Rockefeller. The design and infrastructure of the secluded resort reflects Dorado Beach’s remarkable surroundings with a myriad of natural elements incorporated throughout.
- Suites and Residences
The beauty of our private Caribbean surroundings is celebrated with thoughtfully designed luxury suites and villas, while spacious layouts, luxurious bathrooms and indulgent bedding tempt one to forgo exploration for welcome seclusion.
Discover an exclusive selection of two- to five-bedroom Residences and the five-bedroom, historic Su Casa. Each private home boasts pristine ocean views and expansive open-air living spaces to accommodate families and friends who gather to immerse themselves in nature’s astonishing backdrop
- Spa Botanico,
Achieve a blissful state of relaxation at Spa Botánico, our five acre restorative spa in Puerto Rico, set within a fragrant pineapple garden and lush natural landscaping. Inspired by nature to impart a holistic sense of well-being, this sanctuary pairs local ingredients with indigenous soothing traditions performed in the most unique of spa settings for a full sensory experience. Spa Botánico honors Puerto Rico’s genuine botanical and healing traditions that embrace the esthetic, cosmetic and medicinal importance of local plants.
- Activities and experiences
While many beachfront resorts in Puerto Rico have plenty of activities to hold your attention from morning to night, it takes a special kind of place like Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve to capture it for a lifetime. One-of-a-kind experiences – from a sun-drenched beach and an old-growth forest to a sunken garden – our Puerto Rico beach resort makes each moment more fascinating than the last. Along with nature’s charms, discover opportunities for adventure, enlightenment and relaxation. Retreat to an open-air spa that climbs into the treetops. Or explore the scenic beauty of this exclusive Puerto Rico beachfront hotel’s historic 11-mile Rockefeller Trail. With endless experiences at Dorado Beach, you’ll have a lifetime of stories to add to your rich travel narrative
- Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment – the program introduces guests to the natural wonders and rich cultural traditions of Puerto Rico. Designed for adults, families, and children, participants in Ambassadors of the Environment can discover Puerto Rico’s natural wonders both on land and sea, including coral reefs, a diversity of birds, wetlands, and traditional Taino culture through exciting and memorable adventures and activities, such as snorkeling, hiking and exploring an archaeological site directly on property. Also featured in the program is the historic Rockefeller Trail originally conceived by Laurance Rockefeller in the 1950s to create a walkable, open-air sanctuary through the resort’s surroundings
- Golf – for those who venture on the never-ending quest for dream rounds and ideal playing conditions, Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve shares their passion for the game. With three distinct golf courses designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. this Puerto Rico golf resort’s lure is not just the magnificent scenery, but the masterfully challenging golf course layouts that have made it a favorite PGA destination
- Watersports – Goodwinds has one of the most extensive water sports programs for kids and adults in Puerto Rico offering a wide array of short courses and experiences, as well as instructional and programs for those who wish to learn sailing, kitesurfing or windsurfing. The lesson program and instructor trainings have been designed by Olympic Windsurfer and Co-Owner of Goodwinds, Karla Barrera and husband Phil Morstad, who is Goodwinds’s Head Instructor with years of teaching and competitive experience
- Rockefeller Nature Trail – A favorite of residents and guests since the resort’s opening, the historic Rockefeller Nature Trail is a walkable, open-air sanctuary from land to sea. From your door, explore the vast 11-mile trail throughout the eco resort, winding through forests, past fairways and along Puerto Rico’s soft beaches and secret coves to eventually return you home. Along the way, you’ll be captivated by the unusual and exotic birds, creatures, trees and plants. Whether walking, jogging, biking or riding a golf cart, there’s no better way to immerse in the drama and diversity of Dorado Beach than the Rockefeller Nature Trail
- Waterpark – Located at Dorado Beach Resort, families can enjoy a $12 million aquatic playground fashioned after a traditional Puerto Rican sugar mill:
Two thrilling 30-foot water slides
Lazy river channel with wave machine
Multiple pools for adults, kids and toddlers
Refreshments available from The Watermill Grill
Only available Saturdays and Sundays
Golf cart transportation
- Tennis – Dorado Beach Resort Fitness and Wellness Center has five Har-Tru Clay Courts tennis courts available to guests of the Reserve. Tennis instructions in private, semi-private, and group lessons, as well as in clinics for beginner, intermediate, advanced, and tournament players are offered daily
- Cooking classes – Guests are invited to discover a savory and memorable culinary experience with exclusive culinary classes and wine theme dinners at La Cocina Gourmet Culinary Center. Explore an entertaining and unforgettable approach to food and wine in a contemporary recreational kitchen fusing the vibrant culinary talent of Chef Rory Dunaway and an oceanfront classroom backdrop. Offering engaging culinary classes to appeal to all experience levels, each session highlights professional techniques and creative recipes through hands-on cooking experiences or interactive wine theme dinners featuring a five-course regional wine dinner and expertly selected wine pairings with a personalized gourmet menu. La Cocina Gourmet Culinary Center can accommodate up to 10 guests. Reservations are required.
Amenities included with every Paul Klein Travel booking:
- Full American Breakfast for two daily at Jose Andres Mi Casa Restaurant
- Welcome Amenity
- Welcome note from GM
- Early check-in and late check-out, based on availability
- One time $150 resort credit
- Upgrade to next room category based on availability at arrival (not available on suites and residences)
What if you could escape to a far corner of the world? And have it all to yourself? What if you could float in an open-air bath in a lush tropical forest? Or kayak through an ancient sea cave to find an emerald lagoon? Tucked away on an untouched stretch of paradise, Reserve is a rare place set aside for those who appreciate a personalized, meaningful experience.
An extraordinary moment unfolds.
Time stands still as the joy of discovery is anticipated, embraced and savored. An exploration of an unusual place, the excitement of an unexpected adventure, an indulgence in uncommon luxury. It is Ritz-Carlton Reserve – a rare place set aside for those who appreciate an exotic sanctuary tucked away in the most exquisite corners of the world.
For the most discerning travelers seeking a personalized meaningful escape, these resorts feature chic, relaxed and intimate settings that weave indigenous flavors with highly responsive, individualized service. From the dedicated butler appointed to create an experience tailored to your needs to the indulgent spas and distinctive recreational opportunities, each destination offers what is truly the journey of a lifetime.
An exquisite secluded sanctuary tucked away on the Puerto Rico Caribbean coast, Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is one of those exclusive resorts where time not only stands still, it is replete with extraordinary moments. Serenity and casual luxury are intertwined as guests become immersed into their lush, indigenous surroundings – a private 50-acre island retreat where both new and timeless experiences answer the desire for discovery.
Over 50 years ago, Laurance S. Rockefeller unveiled his eco-friendly private Puerto Rico resort. Today, Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is situated on the former Rockefeller estate, preserving its rich legacy.
Our secluded Puerto Rico resort complements a bespoke travel experience with a deeper level of service. Our attentive and discreet Embajadores will always be available for any request you have throughout your stay.
Fundamental to Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve is a passionate environmental philosophy originally instilled by Laurance Rockefeller. The design and infrastructure of the secluded resort reflects Dorado Beach’s remarkable surroundings with a myriad of natural elements incorporated throughout.
Took book your Ritz Carlton Dorado Beach experience, contact your Paul Klein Luxury Travel Advisor.