Allianz Global Assistance, a world leader in travel insurance and assistance services, offers many
reasons to protect yourself and your family with travel insurance. We help travelers every year through unanticipated travel delays, bad weather, lost luggage and medical emergencies in foreign countries.
Here are 10 reasons why experienced travelers choose Travel Insurance from Allianz Global Assistance.
1. Life is unpredictable. Some trips need to be cancelled.
With travel insurance, you don’t necessarily have to pay for a trip you are unable to take.
2. Airlines mishandled over 21 million bags in 2013. Allianz Global Assistance can provide coverage
to replace needed items if your bags are delayed, damaged or stolen.
3. Credit card coverage may not provide sufficient coverage for travel. The free coverage that may
or may not be included with your credit card will never be as extensive as a separate travel
4. Sick happens. Nothing can ruin a vacation like getting sick. Travel insurance can provide you
with peace of mind – especially when travel outside the United States, where many hospitals request
cash payments in the thousands before treatment can even begin.
5. Health insurance may not go the distance. Many U.S. health insurance policies (including
Medicare and Medicaid) don’t cover international travel. And, those that do will likely not cover
the cost of medical evacuation back to the U.S. which can cost more than $50,000.
6. Lost or forgotten medication? Travel insurance can provide assistance to help you locate a
pharmacy to purchase a new prescription.
7. Even the most stable of travel suppliers can default quickly. If a cruise line, airline or tour operator ceases operations due to financial hardship or bankruptcy, travel insurance can save you from paying for a trip you’ll never get to take.
8. In the event of an emergency, airlines are not required to refund a ticket. It’s ultimately the
airline’s decision whether your situation warrants a full refund of the ticket cost. Most times
however, airlines will merely offer a credit voucher (the original purchase price minus a penalty
fee) towards future travel.
9. Flight delays can add up. It’s not the airline’s responsibility to cover the expenses you accrue
when your flight is delayed or you miss a connection. Travel insurance can reimburse you for costs
associated with these, including rebooking fees, meals and accommodations.
10. We all experience tough economic times. The loss of a job or other income might mean a trip
planned in advance may have to wait. Travel insurance can put cash back into your pocket when you
when they need it most.